Thursday, August 6, 2009

Day 2: Panel Discussion

I understand that this is new to you, but everything I am going to do will be in service to your content. - Brandy Agerbeck
 
It's the second day of the IFVP conference in Montreal, and a panel discussion with four experienced visual practitioners has just finished. The discussion was rich in concrete examples and practical advice for those looking to learn more about the business side of this field.
I came away with a To Do - some things I've been meaning to do for a while, but haven't gotten around to, other things I'd never thought of - and I had lots of "A-ha!" moments. Get a video on your website; email those older contacts that you keep saying you'll get in touch with; get clear about how you're different; start using Twitter... like, now.
 
I'm really grateful for the openness and generosity I've encountered across the board at this conference so far, and this dicussion was another example of that.
 
Time for the next session...
--
Reilly

No comments:

Post a Comment