Sunday, August 2, 2009

Welcome IFVP 2009!

It's Doug Bacon here. During our conference I'll be capturing my experiences through the IFVP 2009 blog.

Please note I did say "our", for although I've not met many members yet, I am a card-carrying member of IFVP (we do get cards don't we?).

I am new to the graphic facilitator/graphic recorder field. OK, "new" may be giving myself too much credit. Let me say this - I have recently become interested in the field of graphic facilitation. So much so that I've joined IFVP and taken time away from work and family to attend the conference.

A little bit about me. I work for The Lee Institute, a nonprofit consulting firm in Charlotte, NC USA. Our clients are typically other nonprofit organizations, government agencies, public and private foundations and community-organized initiatives in the Charlotte region. We believe that when people engage in well-designed, informed and inclusive processes, they will create authentic visions and strategies for their organizations and their communities.

My title is Associate Director, and facilitation is part of what I do.

I see serious potential for graphic facilitation in our work, so here I am - packing my bags, finding my passport and headed to Montreal.

I look forward to all that awaits me in Montreal and to sharing my experiences, and those of other conferees, over the next week.

All the Best!

No comments:

Post a Comment